Friday, January 14, 2011

Queen Helene Mint Julep: The Ultimate Facial Masque



I remember my mother using this masque when I was a little girl, and when I became a teen, she introduced me to it. Unfortunately I've been suffering from whiteheads on my nose ever since I can remember. Maybe when I hit puberty, but this masque works wonders. It firms, shrinks pores, makes your skin smooth, unclogs impurities from your pores and so much more. I've introduced this masque to almost everyone I know (if they weren't already using it) lol

There were times when I tried to find something better, but nothing can compare to this, and I've been using it for yeaaars.

On left is Queen Helene. Right: Freemans Clay Mask(Avocado and Oatmeal)

You can probably tell from the picture that Queen Helene is very thick, and you get better coverage with this masque, and it dries quickly while tightening skin. Freeman clay mask is a bit more softer and watery, and it takes way more time to dry, it also doesn't firm as great as Queen Helene. It's great to have as a back up though.
Both masques are very affordable and can be found at your local drugstores, Sallys and supermarkets. I paid under $2 bucks for each.

More about Queen Helene from the site:
Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment to help dry up pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. As it firms and hardens within minutes, it draws out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth. Even for individuals who are fortunate to be free of skin problems, Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relax tired muscles and ease tension lines on the face and neck.

She has plenty other products such as lotions, scrubs and peel off masque, most of which I tried, but in my opinion, this is the ultimate facial masque. :-)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Before I started reading labels I loved QH. It really does tighten the pores and works well for oily skin but I can't get down with some of the ingredients though. I'm looking for a new love like Jody Watley, lol.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! I honestly did not know Queen Helene had facial products. I have been using Queen Helene Conditioner for years. I even use their conditioner for my daughter hair.

Shan (Gimme That!) said...

@Adjua, you mean the paraben? It's the last ingredient on the list so it doesn't bother me. It has bentonite and sulfur which is great imo. Most ppl buy bentonite clay, maybe that will work for you? It doesn't have extra additives.

@ Keianna, really? I used to use the garlic shampoo by her for about 2 years after I had my daughter because it helped stop shedding. I will research more hair products from her. You just informed me. lol