Sunday, January 9, 2011

Where can I find a cheap eyeshadow primer?

Someone asked me this question last night, so I decided to blog it.

Based on my experience, you can't go wrong with:

Loreal Decrease
I've been using this since 08. It was the very first eyeshadow primer I used, so maybe I'm biased, but I love it. It goes on smooth, blends well, and it doesn't crease. Shadows stick well if used without a base. It's been so long since I purchased one, so if I'm not mistaken, it cost about $5-6 bucks. (guessing here) I do know it wasn't over $7 at Walmart.

Elf eyelid primer:
I just recently started using this, and for a dollar you can't go wrong at all. The only thing I don't like is when I first apply it, it goes on wet/greasy. You have time to blend it out, as opposed to the Loreal Decrease that you have to blend really fast because it's fast drying. You have to give the elf primer time to dry before applying a base or your shadow. I usually wait about ten seconds, unless you want to fan your eyes dry. lol Apart from purchasing on their site: E.L.F , you can probably also find this at Target, or Walgreens, as I've seen elf in there.

They also have a mineral primer I want to try:

This one is $3. My sis uses this one, and she's very pleased with it.

Just like when preparing to paint walls in a room, or priming your nails before polishing, you should consider using a base on top of your primer. In my opinion, this is what makes your shadow pop, and it really looks vibrant and completes the look. I will do another blog on what bases I use and which ones I love. Basically a review...lol

Toodles

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yeah I mos def like the ELF Mineral Primer, it's comparable to Two Faced Shadow Insurance. I've not worked out a base situation yet, I've not really had a need for it. I would like to try some MAC paint pots though :-)

Shan (Gimme That!) said...

Must get the elf mineral primer then. lol
Unless you just want to try out the paintpots, they are very comparable (if not the same) to those Nyx bases you sent me. Especially the nude color. :-/
Just that the paint pots come in variety of colors, and might be alot smoother. When the makeup artist used it on me at the mac counter, she used that alone with no base, shadows were vibrant.

Unknown said...

I had the loreal decrease used it for a while until it dried up. Must try elf :)

Shan (Gimme That!) said...

^^I think my Loreal decrease is dry, but for some reason I love it! lol