Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quick meal: Salmon in a can

No don't eat it out of the can...lol (Unless you want too... j/k)

So I love buying salmon in the can, or the bag of salmon from the grocery store. It makes a real quick satisfying meal.

I use any brand salmon in the can and remove the bone, I shred with a fork in a lightly oiled pan and season well. My favorite seasonings are paprika, garlic, onion, black pepper, Tony Chachere's and a few others. I let it cook till browned really well.

If I'm using the whole salmon, I will bake in foil with seasonings.

I usually have over salad with flax seeds, shredded cheese, and as you see in this picture: crispy fried onions. My favorite salad dressing is Marie Calendars or Bolthouse Farms Blue cheese vinagrettes.

In this picture I had it over brown rice:
Salmon cakes are really good too and easy to make, however, I haven't made it in awhile. These are really quick meals, and are usually finished in less than 15 minutes. This is my favorite fish and comes in handy during the times I'm avoiding meat.

3 comments:

RishaBelle said...

OMG, that looks so yummy and healthy! I'm gonna try that over brown rice. Oh and salad sound good. Sounds like something Dr.Oz would suggest to make for a healthy meal. Glad I stumbled upon this post!

***www.rishabelle-summersoul.blogspot.com***

Shan (Gimme That!) said...

Thank you! @ Rishabelle. I've been experimenting with different things lately since I've been on my weight loss plan. Thanks for visiting!

RishaBelle said...

Cool. I'm trying to eat better too. I need to lose some serious weight. You keep doin' your thang girl. Sounds like your on the right track. I really like those salmon in the can meal recipe ideas. Keep posting your ideas. I'm followin'...

rishabelle-summersoul.blogspot.com